iPayment Finance seeks a Data Analyst who will help provide decision support, drive process improvements, and provide day-to-day analytical and reporting support for iPayment. The candidate will be part of the Finance & Accounting team that supports monthly and quarterly business analytics, product profitability, financial reporting, investment analysis and expense management activities. While this person will have direct responsibility within the centralized function, this role will require collaboration with leaders throughout iPayment to develop actionable conclusions and recommendations. This role will report to the Manager Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Use SQL to pull and consolidate large amounts of unstructured data from multiple sources (SQL Server, Access).
- Drive process automation leveraging existing BI tools and make recommendations for other tools.
- Lead initiatives that employ statistical analysis and data mining in a variety of areas to analyze and understand customer behavior.
- Develop a high quality infrastructure of quantitative (including statistical) analysis tools and data, which will enable consistent, timely and efficient analysis of strategic issues.
- Manage monthly and quarterly financial and data analysis processes and reporting.
- Consolidate and report portfolio and company-wide results, combined with analyses and presentations.
- Handle multiple high visibility, time sensitive projects at once, independently and/or working with other stakeholders.
- Define and execute ad-hoc projects addressing topics related to finance, company performance, customer pricing, and strategy.
- Analyze profitability analysis and make
Candidates should have 2-5 or more years of relevant professional experience, which may have been obtained in FP&A or Corporate Finance. The ideal candidate must possess superior analytical skills, the ability to translate data and analysis into practical, actionable recommendations, and a track record of working effectively with all levels of employees. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, relentless dedication to drive outcomes and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a cross functional environment.
- BS degree in Finance / Statistics / Economics / Computer Science or related field required.
- Applicable workplace experience with SQL required (SQL Server preferred).
- Advanced experience with Excel, Access, and PowerPoint applications; ability to pick up new systems and query information.
- Experience with ETL tools, data warehouses, and data cubes.
- Familiarity working with and analyzing extremely large data sets.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of identifying issues related to statistical analysis, recommending options and implementing solutions.
- Exceptional track record of self-motivation, independent thinking, problem solving, and continuous process improvement.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Possess strong personal responsibility, initiative, and integrity.
- Takes initiative, knows what needs to be done and executes with a sense of urgency, discipline and focus.
- Financial service industry experience and/or experience working in a payment processing organization a plus.