iPayment, Inc. is a trusted provider of credit and debit card payment processing services to small merchants across the United States. Our payment processing services enable our merchants to accept credit cards as well as other forms of payment, including debit cards, checks, gift cards and loyalty programs in traditional card-present, or swipe transactions, as well as card-not-present transactions, such as those done over the phone or through the internet.
About iPayment Finance:
We are a diverse team that leads change, fuels growth, and provides timely, accurate, and relevant insights to iPayment. “Our people” include a diverse group of employees and business partners—each hired to do what they do best. We invest in and develop a team comprised of generalists and specialists.
- We provide timely and accurate information and analysis with a sharp focus on detail and quality.
- We deliver business insight in service to growth and profitability.
- We lead from the front to drive dramatically better outcomes.
- We’re role models. We have the courage to ask the right questions.
- We provide control and transparency into business performance to ensure integrity and to drive improvement.
- We know when to provide “high touch” service and when to help our iPayment partners be self-sufficient.
iPayment Finance seeks a Financial Analyst who will help provide decision support, drive process improvements, and provide day-to-day analytical and reporting support for iPayment. The candidate will be part of the Finance & Accounting team that supports monthly and quarterly business analytics, product profitability, financial reporting, investment analysis and expense management activities. While this person will have direct responsibility within the centralized function, this role will require collaboration with leaders throughout iPayment to develop actionable conclusions and recommendations.
- Own the monthly and quarterly financial and data analysis processes and reporting.
- Analyze profitability analysis and make recommendations by designing, improving, and implementing regular reporting and analysis tools and/or reports.
- Drive process automation leveraging existing BI tools.
- Lead initiatives that employ statistical analysis and data mining in a variety of areas to analyze and understand customer behavior.
- Serve as a key partner to other departments looking to delve deep into data for the purpose of creating actionable intelligence that influences strategic decision making and company performance.
- Consolidate and report portfolio and company-wide results, combined with analyses and presentations.
- Drive key metrics and analytics that will allow the leadership team to clearly understand outcomes achieved by future actions based on trends.
- Handle multiple high visibility, time sensitive projects at once, independently and/or working with other stakeholders.
- Develop a high quality infrastructure of quantitative (including statistical) analysis tools and data, which will enable consistent, timely and efficient analysis of strategic issues.
- Define and execute ad-hoc projects addressing topics related to finance, company performance, customer pricing, and strategy.
- Critical success factors will include identifying areas of revenue growth, risk mitigation, and customer retention.
Candidates should have 2-4 or more years of relevant professional experience, which may have been obtained in FP&A or Corporate Finance. The ideal candidate must possess superior analytical skills, the ability to translate data and analysis into practical, actionable recommendations, and a track record of working effectively with senior level business leaders. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, relentless dedication to drive outcomes and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a cross functional environment.
- BS degree in Finance / Statistics / Economics or related field required.
- Applicable workplace experience with SQL required (SQL Server preferred).
- Advanced experience with Excel, Access, and PowerPoint applications; ability to pick up new systems and query information.
- Familiarity working with and analyzing extremely large data sets.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of identifying issues related to statistical analysis, recommending options and implementing solutions.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior-level business leaders.
- Exceptional track record of self-motivation, independent thinking, problem solving, and continuous process improvement.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Possess strong personal responsibility, initiative, and integrity.
- Takes initiative, knows what needs to be done and executes with a sense of urgency, discipline and focus.
- Financial service industry experience and/or experience working in a payment processing organization a plus.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (Sponsorship is not available for this position).