This cross-functional role is a highly visible position, working closely with top leaders of the organization, with rapidly changing projects. This is a highly independent role with a plethora of challenges and opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and sales productivity. You’ll be part of our Finance & Accounting team who supports business analytics, product profitability, financial reporting, investment analysis, and expense management.
About iPayment Finance
We are a diverse team that leads change, fuels growth, and provides timely, accurate, and relevant insights to iPayment. “Our people” include a diverse group of employees and business partners—each hired to do what they do best. We invest in and develop a team comprised of generalists and specialists.
- Provide timely and accurate information and analysis; with a sharp focus on detail and quality.
- We deliver business insight in service to growth and profitability. We lead from the front to drive dramatically better outcomes.
- We’re role models. We have the courage to ask the right questions.
- We provide control and transparency into business performance to ensure integrity and to drive improvement.
- We know when to provide “high touch” service and when to help our iPayment partners be self-sufficient.
iPayment Finance seeks a Financial Data Analyst who will help develop, build and maintaining reports, dashboards and data models to drive process improvements and provide day-to-day analytical and reporting support for iPayment. The candidate will be part of the Finance & Accounting team that supports business analytics, product profitability, financial reporting, investment analysis and expense management activities. While this person will have direct responsibility within the centralized function, this role will require collaboration with leaders throughout iPayment to develop actionable conclusions and recommendations.
You love working in technology, big data and analytics to solve financial questions. You enjoy the challenge of simplifying complicated metrics into charts so they’re easy to understand. You’re comfortable accessing & working with unstructured data from multiple sources. You love to ask, “Why?” and prefer the answer include metrics. While you’re comfortable focusing for long periods of time solving complicated questions, you’re also a “people person” who loves meeting with other teams and gets excited about partnering with them to deliver actionable, data-driven recommendations. You’re a self-starter, unafraid of ambiguity, a big thinker (while paying careful attention to detail) who tenaciously challenges the status quo.
Competencies, Experience & Education
- Technical experience in SQL on Microsoft SQL Server (preferred), MySQL or Oracle.Nice to have experience with ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, Pentaho, etc.), data warehouses and data cubes.
- Advanced experience in charting with Microsoft Excel using Power Pivot.Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Access is a plus
- Experience in probability & statistical concepts
- BS in a technical or business degree and/or equivalent experience showing you can geek out on reporting & analytics
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse teams showing confidence, open-mindedness, empathy & clarity
- Nice to have (but not required):
- Experience in business finances such as business models, business use cases, FP&A, corporate development, forecasting, M&A, balance sheets, profit & loss and/or experience in QuickBooks, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, NetSuite, Xero, or similar
- Serve others by developing, building, and maintaining reports and dashboards which monitor the financial performance of products, services, equipment and organizational units
- Develop, build, and maintain data models which will forecast revenue changes & customer attrition based on modifications to customer pricing.Innovate new pricing actions in partnership with Sales, Marketing and Customer Service leadership
- Work with internal business groups to acquire deep understanding of their processes. Identify where automated data-driven insights can be provided to empower them to make faster & more informed decisions increasing financial successes
- Champion our culture of data and experimentation, acting as a bridge between business & technical teams.At times you may assist in crafting business requirements, partnering closely with business systems analysts
- Maintain data integrity across multiple systems while identifying & resolving inconsistencies
- Manage a task queue to triage and resolve issues across the company
- Any additional task assigned by your manager